Experienced Knoxville Premises Liability Lawyers
Holding property owners responsible for their negligence
When you or a loved one experiences a personal injury on someone else’s property, you may be able to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for medical bills, loss of income, and pain and suffering. At Fox & Farmer, Attorneys at Law, we understand the pain and frustration you’re probably feeling, and our goal is to serve as a helpful support for you and your family. We’ve practiced personal injury law in Knoxville and Sevierville for more than 25 years, and we are proud to help our neighbors and fellow community members when they need it.
What is premises liability?
Property owners, whether they are individuals, organizations or government entities, need to ensure their premises are reasonably safe for others. If you suffer a personal injury due to negligence on the part of a property owner, there are a number of steps you can take. The following are some of the most common types of premises liability situations:
- Slip and fall. Slippery surfaces or objects placed in walkways can cause people to slip or fall, resulting in injuries to the back, neck and hip. These accidents may also cause broken bones.
- Poor security. Businesses and other organizations have a responsibility to provide adequate security for their premises to keep visitors safe. If you’ve been the victim of a crime on someone else’s property, you may be able to file a lawsuit.
- Falling objects. If an individual or organization has items stacked on top of each other and something falls, serious injury could result.
- Improper maintenance. Property owners must take reasonable steps to maintain their premises, especially if customers or guests regularly visit them. This is especially true if the owner operates large equipment near others.
- Dangerous animals. Dangerous dogs and other animals should be properly cared for and contained to prevent dog bites and other hazards.
If dangerous conditions were present and clearly led to your injury, we help you take the steps necessary to move forward with a personal injury claim. We also seek punitive damages against property owners to prevent future negligence on their part. Our mission is to make sure property owners continue to keep their premises safe and secure for all.
Get helpful legal guidance after a personal injury to you or a loved one
If you’re dealing with an injury due to an irresponsible or negligent property owner, call Fox & Farmer, Attorneys at Law at 865.951.7268 or contact us online. We offer a free initial phone consultation and accept all cases on a contingency fee basis. We’re also happy to visit your home or hospital room to discuss your legal issues. Our team is proud to serve Knoxville, Sevierville and the rest of East Tennessee.