Tough and Reliable Knoxville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Sound legal counsel keeps you and your family protected
Motorcyclists have every right to use Tennessee roads and highways, but unfortunately, some drivers fail to account for these smaller vehicles when turning and changing lanes. And because motorcycle riders are not as well protected as other motorists, serious injuries or death may result. If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident that resulted in injury in Sevierville or the Eastern part of Tennessee, call on Fox & Farmer, Attorneys at Law right away. We leverage our more than four decades of combined legal experience to offer personalized care and attention to you and your loved ones. We’re Two for You in Knoxville, and we are on your side.
Motorcycle accidents occur with alarming frequency in Tennessee
Over the past 15 years, the number of motorcycle accident-related fatalities in Tennessee has grown substantially; there were 139 deaths in 2012 alone. Most of these riders were wearing helmets, so while the proper headgear does play a crucial role in motorcycle safety, it’s also important for everyone on the road to take the necessary precautions to ensure this number goes down instead of up in the coming years.
When comparing Tennessee to other states, it is noteworthy that our helmet laws make riders safer. A study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that our state is number six in the nation for lives and costs saved due to motorcycle helmet use. That being said, serious brain injuries continue to plague motorcyclists, leaving them disabled and no longer able to do the things they once loved. If another party’s negligence resulted in your personal injury, be sure to speak with a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer.
What are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents?
East Tennessee has some beautiful roads and highways featuring stunning views, making it perfect for long motorcycle rides. Accidents do occur, however, and it’s important for riders to know the most common reasons why:
- Head-on crashes. When a car strikes a motorcycle head-on, the consequences are almost always deadly.
- Left-hand turns. The drivers of cars often fail to look for motorcycles when making a left-hand turn.
- Lane splitting. During traffic jams, some motorcyclists try to move between larger vehicles that are slowed or stopped. Drivers aren’t used to watching for vehicles outside of standard lanes.
- Drunk driving. Driving while intoxicated is particularly dangerous for motorcyclists. Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol may have a tough time noticing a motorcycle on the road.
- Wipeouts. Poor road conditions can cause a motorcyclist to lose control, resulting in serious injuries. Agencies responsible for upkeep may be held liable for failing to provide adequate warning of hazardous conditions.
Be sure to work with a lawyer familiar with motorcycle crash injury cases
At Fox & Farmer, Attorneys at Law in Knoxville, we’re passionate about protecting motorcyclists’ rights to share East Tennessee’s roads in a safe and responsible manner. We work with injured people across the region. Our clients do not pay attorneys' fees unless we obtain compensation for them. To set up your free initial consultation, please give us a call at 865.951.7268 or contact us online.